Modify threekit react components

Hello,
I am working with the Threekit DevKit for a client, the user interface approaches to the Steps and StepPane component, I am trying to access a function of that component (the function that is able to to change the status of the Steps ) but I am not able because is not accessible.
My question is, am I able to modify components as I want ? Or I need to make different approaches?

CM.

Hi Carlos, can you elaborate on what you mean when you say the components are inaccessible and what you are trying to achieve?

Theoretically you should be able to edit any of the devkit components, however you will have to do it at your own risk. If you modify code in the Threekit source files you may have conflicts or need to re-modify the code if you update the devkit.

My approach is trying to make a component looks different with the same behavior, take a look of the Steps and StepPane

1. Storybook
    Now, I am using that component to create this:

as you can see there’s no Second Step >> button, it handles just a radio button event and should change to other step but I am not able to do that using react devkit components.
Do you have any solutions to complete this approach?

To achieve this you need to modify the component’s source code in threekit > react > components > Layouts > Steps.

We do not have a standard solution for this as it is outside the dev-kits functionality. However, you should able to look in the component and modify the handleChangeStep function to fire when you select a radio button instead of the Next Step button.

1 Like