Is there an option to flip the objects?

Please see the attached screenshots. Would like to know if we can flip the objects from left to right or vice versa in Three kit platform without adding/creating two different models?Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 20.15.07 Screenshot 2021-01-29 at 20.14.55

Hi Garima,

We have a “Symmetry / Mirror” Operator you can add to your mesh that will flip it. Select your mesh. Then on the righthand side under “PolyMesh” select “Add Operator” and add “Symmetry / Mirror.”

I attached a screenshot below.

Hope that helps!

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying! This is helpful. Team had additional queries on this topic. Would be great if you can help us out with the below mentioned.

1. Can you please let us know how can we add left and right configurations?
  2. Is there an option to apply symmetry option on whole group rather than single object? Please see the attached screenshot for more clarity. Applying it on single object is quite time consuming

Thanks in advance!

Hi, Just following up on the above query. Can you please help us out?

Let me provide you with an alternative method since you have to do it across so many objects. Another way to flip objects is to invert the scale value by adding a negative sign in front of the axis you want to be flipped.

1.) Here are the steps to linking this to an attribute.

1. First, you want to go to your logic tab and go to Add Attribute and select String. After that create a name for your attribute and the options you want.

2. Next, you will have to define rules for both of your options. Select the Rules tab and click Add Rule. Name the rule something descriptive for yourself. The end-user does not see this name but it is good to keep it clear for other people that might work in the file.

3. Click Add Condition and select the attribute you want. Then select = and select the string option you want to define. In this example I am defining Left. The condition is what links the rule to a specific string value you created. If left undefined the rule will just apply everywhere all the time.

4. After that select Add action and set property. This is where we are setting the action of inverting the object or null’s scale. Select your top-level null then select Transform > Transform > scale. After doing that, invert the scale in the axis you desire by adding a negative sign. Make sure you maintain your item’s scale value.

5. You will need to define the other string value and make a new conditional rule for the other side. This one will have a positive scale. The two rules must be opposite of each other’s scale. It does not matter the order you define them in. This is just the order I did for the example.

6. You can test your Attribute on the right side of the logic pannel. Make sure to refresh the page as a best practice before testing.

2.) Adding the scale attribute to the null will allow you to apply the flip over the entire group objects. Make sure you are keeping your scale values consistent. The Threekit platform works in meters. If your inputted file is in a different unit then a scale value is applied to it. I believe that is why your scale values are .01. It could lead to issues if you are doing a lot of transforms or doing AR. I find it best practice to clear any transform information from the software you work in and export in meters.